Questions & Answers
Q: How do I know if my child needs speech and language services?
A: We offer a phone consultation at no cost to determine if an evaluation is recommended. Here are some initial questions to get you thinking about your child's communication:
1. Is your child showing frustration related to understanding directions or telling their wants and needs?
2. Are you, other caregivers and/or teachers finding it difficult to understand your preschooler's speech?
3. Does your little one have a medical diagnosis that affects his or her communication skills?
4. Is your child being teased in school due to a speech or language impairment such as stuttering?
5. Does your child struggle to use adequate vocabulary, grammar, and social interaction for his or her age?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, already have concerns about your child's communication skills, or are not sure...you're in the right place. We are here to help!